Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Books on The List

Books on The List 

With Summer finally here, I’m beyond excited to actually have time to book binge. It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to get through a whole book in a day, something finally achievable. Woo-hoo! That said, here’s a list of some intriguing books that I’m looking forward to reading. Preferably lying next to the pool with oversized sunglasses and a fluffy towel.  


1.     City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

I am in love with the Mortal Instruments series. The fantasy world she created is great and the characters are all so fully fleshed that I could read five hundred pages of them waiting in line at Wal-Mart and still stay interested. Plus: Jace. I mean, come onnnnnn. That boy alone is enough to put this on my Must Read Now list.

2.     We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

“A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lie upon lies.
True love.
The truth.”

I saw this one in Barnes and Nobles the other day on my way out. If it had been on my way in (minus forty dollars worth of pages) then I would have bought it for sure. As for now, I can only wait until my wallet approves.  



3.     The Merciless by Danielle Vega

Okay, so exorcisms, torture, and possession isn’t the typical beach side read, but when I saw the synopsis for this debut novel, I just couldn’t quell my interest. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS, AND I WANT TO KNOW NOW. So, yes, I will happily read this awesome looking, slightly sadistic book while sipping on a mango smoothie. Don’t judge.

4.     The Secret Ingredient by Stewart Lewis

Finally! A book that actually seems like it would be fitting for a day at the pool. I mean, the cover has a girl standing on the beach! Yeah-yah. Anyways, this book combines two things I really love. Books and food. So, how could I not want to read this? It reminds me (from the description, anyways) a lot of Thirteen Little Blue Envelopes. And if it lives up to it, then I’ll be quite happy.


5.     Paper Towns by John Green

Okay, this is not a new book. In any way, shape, or form. But since I haven’t read it yet, it’s new to me. I’ve read all of John Green’s other books, and so now I have this nagging itch to just finish this one off. So…I will.



In any case, these are a few of the books that I plan on reading in the upcoming month. I have no idea if they'll turn out to be as good as they look, or if they'll be a (flip) flop. <hehehe, bad pool puns.> Either way, I'll be sure to let you know! Thanks for reading, and if you've happened to have already read any of the above, let me know what you thought. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment